Delancey Place, every day a new book excerpt!

Delancey Place is a website offering short excerpts from books of interest. I have an email subscription and get a new excerpt every day.

The real Delancey Place: a Philadelphia street

 In the market of words that competes for my attention, I usually read the Delancey Place excerpt for three reasons:

  • each excerpt is short;
  • the excerpts are quite diverse, and every day's excerpt is very different from the day before;
  • I get a quick overview of books from many arenas. 


Delancey Place's tagline says it all: "Eclectic excerpts delivered to your email every day."

The July 14 selection is from How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain by Lisa Feldman Barrett. published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Here's the excerpt.

"Emotions are ... thought to be a kind of brute reflex, very often at odds with our rationality."

https://delanceyplace.com/view-search-results.php?3378

The excerpt gives just enough information to intrigue me and make me want to read the book. I admire this very clever bit of marketing.

Comments

Popular Posts