Mother's Day

Not matter what you think about Mother's Day (it's beautiful, it's just a way for greeting card makers to sell stuff, it's too sentimental, every day should be Mother's Day), it still rolls around the 2nd Sunday in May each year.

My Mother's Day this year was a technological celebration, with my kids in New York and New Jersey wishing me all the best via telephone and computer. It was a time for a sober sermon from my minister at St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Lake Mary, warning us not to put anyone (not even Mom) or anything in front of God in our lives. It was a day for the Star Gazer lilies my husband bought me earlier in the week to display their glory.


It was a peaceful and relaxing day, from my water aerobics in the pool to our quiet, non-technological  evening of reading and chatting.


Comments

Popular Posts